Saturday, November 28, 2009

Secrets Of Trout Fishing

More than 20 years ago I had the pleasure of knowing and learning from the greatest trout fisherman I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, and during our time together he taught me the secrets of trout fishing. He was what I consider a "trout fishing expert", simply because he was notorious for catching not only numbers of trout, but also large trout out of rivers and streams that most anglers believed didn't contain trout of that size.
These tips, that I refer to as the secrets of trout fishing, are going to be laid out in this article, for you to use as you see fit. These secrets are amazingly effective and work. How am I so sure of this? Because they have all worked for me since the time they were taught to me, and I know that these tips can do the same for anyone else. They are all simple, but as I said, amazingly effective.
Let's begin with the clothes you wear while fishing. My mentor believed in blending into the background as much as possible. He wasn't an advocate of camouflage, or anything crazy like that, but did believe that any trout angler should wear drab colors that blend into the surroundings, rather than sticking out like a sore thumb. You see, trout have very sensitive eyesight, and if they see you they are much less apt to bite. This is especially true in the case of trophy trout.
Now, your gear. My mentor was an advocate of ultra light fishing for trout. That means using ultra light rod and reels spooled with four pound test monofilament of smaller. In my opinion, six pound test is passable, but four pound is ideal. Again, trout have very sensitive eyesight, and can see fishing line heavier than four pound test. And if they can see the line, they are much less apt to bite.
How about bait and lures? My mentor used all kinds of bait and lures (obviously small versions), but his favorite bait, by far, was live worms. Live worms are my favorite trout bait, to this day. He always rigged his live worms on a set of pre-tied gang hooks, which is the best way that I've ever come in contact with for fishing with live worms. He also developed and used a bait bag for carrying his live worms while fishing. Your live worms are simply removed from the container they were purchased in and transferred to the bait bag for the fishing trip. Once a bait bag and gang hooks are used for the first time, you won't be able to go trout fishing without them.
The bottom line is that these simple trout fishing secrets will help make anyone a better and more efficient trout angler. Not only that, but these secrets and tips will help anyone catch a lot more trout as well. What, you don't believe me? Just give one or all of them a shot and see what happens. You won't be disappointed.
Trevor Kugler is co-founder of JRWfishing.com and an avid angler. He has more than 20 years experience fishing for all types of fish, and 15 years of business and internet experience. He currently raises his three year old daughter in the heart of trout fishing country.....Montana!
Get Trout Fishing Secrets Twice A Month For FREE - http://www.jrwfishing.com/signup.html

No comments:

Post a Comment